Over the past several years I have gained valuable shopping tips from the blogger behind the fabulous blog, Shaefer Told Me To. Who is the mastermind behind the Shaefer Told Me To Blog? (formerly Pinterest Told Me to). Shaefer is: “I’m a wife, mom, and accidental fashion blogger. I have a passion for sharing things I love with others!”
Her blog has evolved over the years but she remains loyal to her tagline of sharing things she loves with others without going overboard with sponsored posts. When you names something a “Must Have” that means I should run to the nearest browser and purchase said item because there is no way I will be disappointed.
Shaefer’s definition of a MUST HAVE:
“You know I always have to share the things I love with all of you. If it’s an item that I ADORE, and I feel like it would serve a great purpose in the closets of lots of women, then I will name it a MUST HAVE!”
These are the items that Shaefer has listed as a MUST HAVE that are also a MUST HAVE in my mind.
- The BLARDIGAN – The blardigan (part cardigan part blanket) is one of the most-worn pieces in my closet. I feel like I am wrapped up in a super cozy blanket while still looking put-together. This is a go-to item when I want to keep warm but look nicer than if I just pulled on an old sweatshirt. I still rep sweatshirts from my alma-matter, Quinnipiac, just not as often.
- Nude Ballet Flats – These nude ballet flats go with everything. These are a closet staple for me in the spring – summer – fall months for me. They are crazy comfortable but are no longer on the Nordstrom website.
- HUE Leggings – These leggings have over 1,500 five star reviews for good reasons. They hold up well after washing, they are thick enough that your skin does not show through, and they have a wide waistband that covers your love handles nicely. Honestly, I do not wear these often as I simply have nothing to wear with them. In order for me to feel comfortable wearing leggings, I need to have a shirt that adequately falls to mid-thigh and I’ve had no luck in that department. I’d love some recommendations!
- Pleione Must-Have Shirt – I took this recommendation as any Pleione shirt and I now own at least 6 different Pleione shirts in various colors & patterns. Nordstrom Rack carries a ton of Pleione items and I’ve always had luck scoring Pleione shirts for super-cheap.
- Denim Jacket – This denim jacket is a spring – summer – fall staple for me. It is a fitted denim jacket that does not look boxy. It looks great with dresses, shorts, and pants. I love pairing my denim jacket with a white shirt, black jeans, and cognac flats for an instant put-together outfit.
- Toms Wedges – These wedges feel like you are walking on clouds. The taupe colors goes with everything.
- Red Hunter Boots – Why wouldn’t you need a pair of bright red hunter boots? The BF makes fun of me every single time I put these on- he is not a fan.
What are some of your favorite blogs?